Blog Postings Inlcude:

Monday, August 17, 2009

S.M.A.R.T. Goals

My personal vision is alive and well. As I ascended the ranks of the proverbial corporate ladder, I became increasingly disenchanted from my experiences; high levels of self preservation augmented by high levels of conformity and limited levels of empowerment of organizational employees.

This experience led me, beginning several years ago, to consult mentors that would share their experiences and takeaways which have contributed to their current state in life. The seeking of guidance led to many bouts of introspection and personal disclosure which allowed to me to vividly see the many personal opportunities to see and do daily life activities differently. I realized that I was a major contributor in where I was in my life; professionally and personally.

I discovered that I was in control of my destiny and desires. I desired to one day to lead my own organization. Several steps were implemented; 1. Learn all I could about business (operations, management, technical) by enrolling in company led and company sponsored trainings. 2. Enroll in graduate school to elevate my leadership competencies and learning’s. 3. Begin saving for the day I take the leap of faith.

I took the leap of faith in June 2005, enrolled in graduate school and began a husband and wife partnership. In July 2006 the partnership closed, the company incorporated and in 2007 I completed by Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership. A major factor in the leap was an establishing S.M.A.R.T. goal’s that came to fruition over a 3-year period.

No comments:

Post a Comment